By Tania Phillips
Quick, decadent and delicious – mug cakes are all the rage at the moment and with farmers expecting a bumper year for passionfruit – this little gem will also be economical.
90 Second Passionfruit Mug Cake
2 tbsp (30g) unsalted butter
1 tsp vegetable or canola oil
1 juicy passionfruit, halved, plus extra to serve if desired – I always do!
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp white sugar
4 tbsp plain flour (all purpose)
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp white choc chips
1. Place butter in mug – melt in microwave (15 – 20 sec).
2. Add oil, passionfruit pulp, vanilla extract & yolk, mix with a fork.
3. Add sugar, flour and baking powder, mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes or until top is just set and skewer inserted into the
middle comes out clean – it overcooks quickly, so it’s better to take it out slightly
early and pop back in for 10 sec increments if needed.
5. Serve with ice-cream & more fresh passionfruit!