We all know smiling is a great way to boost your self confidence, lower your stress levels and help rewire your brain to expect good things.
Smiling also makes you more approachable, and brings happiness to those around you.
This Dental Health Week we are focusing on five key steps to keep your teeth healthy:
1. Take your teeth on a date to the dentist. You may not have been for a little while, take this as your reminder to take your teeth on a date and see your dentist.
2. Care for your teeth by brushing every day. Brush two times every day. Brush once in the morning and once at night. At night, brushing is best done last thing before bed.
3. Spoil your teeth by cleaning between them every day. Cleaning between your teeth helps to remove bacteria and food that build up during the day. Not cleaning these spaces can cause gums to become inflamed and sometimes tooth decay can develop.
4. Treat your teeth to healthy foods and drinks. The World Health Organization recommends adults have six or less teaspoons of sugar each day. Sticking to this recommendation can decrease the risk of tooth decay developing. Choose to drink water during the day and, if having a sweet treat, do so together with a main meal instead of snacking on the treat between meals.
5. Show your teeth love by using them for their intended purpose. Teeth are made to chew and smile. Love your teeth by only using them for their intended purpose.
At Gentle Dental, we offer a range of services to help you love your teeth – call us today to talk about our preventative approach on 07 5455 5500.
We also offer same day ceramic crowns, veneers, implants and a range of cosmetic dentistry options.
We’ll listen to your needs and talk you through the options, explaining every step along the way.
Payment plans and Afterpay are accepted. Give us a call today to discuss your next appointment and let us give you a reason to smile!
For more information visit gentledentalgroup.com.au