It’s the year of Accessible Tourism and if you are wondering how to embrace accessibility in your business and not sure where to start, Tourism Noosa can help.
Tourism Noosa is hosting two workshops facilitated by the Accessible Group in November specifically tailored for the tourism industry – one for accommodation operators and one for others (restaurants, retail, experiences, wellness).
Find out why accessibility is important for your business, and how you can start or continue your accessibility journey for little or no cost to create a welcoming experience for guests with a range of disabilities.
Kerry Williams from The Accessible Group will be presenting the workshops, designed to showcase how to adopt cost-effective accessibility improvements to capture the growing accessible travel market.
Kerry is a multi-award winner, advocate and leading figure in the accessible travel industry, dedicated to seamless travel opportunities for individuals with disabilities. She believes that accessible accommodation can be beautiful and function, improving accommodation occupancy rates.
The workshops will cover the following areas:
– The business case for accessible tourism and why making your business accessible can dramatically increase revenue.
– Understanding disability.
– Where to start and how to plan (including opportunities that can be implemented immediately for little or no cost).
– How to implement some easy wins (this isn’t about building ramps and lifts).
Marketing to people with disabilities
· Employing people with disabilities
Why Accessible Tourism is important:
· 19 per cent of Australians live with disability
· 25 per cent of Australians are retirees who now or will need accessibility help in the future
Travellers with disability:
· Stay longer
· Are loyal, repeat visitors
· Travel with carers, friends and family who book non-accessible rooms
Workshop 1: covering retail, dining, tours, wellness etc – Monday 13 November 2.00pm-4.30pm
Workshop 2: focusing on the Accommodation Workshop – Tuesday 14 November – 9.30am-12.00pm
To register your interest in attending please email firstname.lastname@example.org